The Covid-19 pandemic has changed the world in ways no one could have predicted. With businesses forced to temporarily or permanently close, limited human mobility, and strict protocols, enterprises were forced to embrace the digital transformation. As we welcome the new year, what trends should we note as we map out your digital marketing strategy for 2021? Here is some insight into what we think.This Year 2021, it is safe to say that posting consistency is more important than posting frequency. Content quality is more important than content quantity. With social media’s new algorithm, Facebook and Instagram are giving more importance to post engagements. If you post poor-quality content, you’re more likely to lose fans and followers. There is no magic frequency when deciding how often to post on social media. The key is to post relevant, quality content consistently and keep an eye on the times your audience engages with your content the most often.Ephemeral content is visual content that is only accessible temporarily (typically 24 hours). This type of content is hugely popular on social on Facebook (My Day), Instagram (Stories), Snapchat (Snaps). This type of content elicits an immediate response from the audience, such as an urgent need to purchase, allows your customers to engage with your brand, expands your reach, better opportunity to reach younger audiences, and builds trust with your network.TikTok has become one of the world’s favorite social media platforms, with over 800 million active monthly users on TikTok worldwide. The quick, easily-digestible format primarily appeals to Gen Z while also making waves with aging Millennials. Through this app, businesses can create an effective digital marketing strategy to connect with two of the largest consumer groups. You can also re-purpose and cross-post video content from TikTok to different platforms capitalizing on video marketing.2021 will be the year of UGC! You can never go wrong with social proof! User-generated Content strategy has been a digital marketing trend for years now that you can consider it a staple strategy. But due to the pandemic, UGC will be more useful than ever. When things start to return to normal, consumers will want validation that others are buying from you or are at the very least re-engaging in shopping and purchasing. User-generated content will allow brands to nurture a sense of community and connect better with existing customers.Influencer Marketing will be bigger than ever in 2021. A recent study found that 40% of people reported that they purchased a product online after seeing it used by an influencer on social media. As a result, there is an opportunity for brands to utilize social media influencers more now than ever. Influencers can speak on a more personal level and give their honest opinion that resonates more with their followers than traditional brand advertising. Influencers are expected to gain even more popularity and followers, and businesses to use influencers more than ever.Chatbots will continue to be an essential part of Digital Marketing in 2021. Level up your customer service with customized and instantaneous AI-powered chatbots. Upgrade to an AI-powered chatbot armed with deep-learning and conversational abilities. This AI-based technology uses instant messaging to chat in real-time, day or night, with your customers or site visitors. Choose one that can run on all of your digital channels – website, messaging apps, and customer support tools.What do you think about these insights? Let us know if you have other Digital Marketing Trends that we forgot to consider! And for businesses out there, if you need assistance in championing your business, contact Infinity Hub Digital Marketing Company! And we would be glad to collaborate with you and create an effective Digital Marketing Strategy for your business!
1. Quality vs Quantity of Posts
2. Ephemeral Content – More Impression On Different Platforms
3. Tiktok Marketing
4. User-Generated Content (UGC)
5. Influencer Marketing
6. Social Commerce & Shoppable PostsVisual commerce is taking off as more consumers are willing to buy products through ads they see in their feeds, providing an opportunity for E-commerce brands to create and post interactive ads that allow users to click and shop with ease. E-commerce brands hope this will reduce the risk that customers will abandon their purchase because they have to switch apps or sign in to an unknown store.
7. Micro-MomentsA micro-moment is “An intent-rich moment when a person turns to a device to act on a need – to know, go, do or buy.” They want immediate gratification, and they’re making decisions faster than ever before. To take advantage of micro-moments in 2021, you need to be where consumers are searching for information at the moment – or, as Google puts it, marketers have to “be there, be useful, be quick.” To get the most out of micro-moments in 2021, you should:
- Identify your consumers’ “I want to buy” moments
- Be there in these moments of need
- Deliver relevant content
- Make it easy for them to make a purchase
- Measure every moment that matters